Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day. I'm going to pay for that one!

Yesterday I finished my mostly office related duties and went to ride my horse. I was on call for Valentines Day and my husband was making the one and a half hour trip back from his job in order to eat dinner. The evening had all the makings for being called.

I cautiously rode my horse, answered a few phone client calls, and headed to the grocery. I checked my phone every 5 minutes with no calls. I get home, clean up some animal puke from the ground, help cook dinner, still fervently checking my phone. I sit down to eat with my husband, eat, and even clean up. Still no calls. Was my phone broken? This is just unheard of! Am I really attending a planned event that is not ruined by an emergency call at the most inopportune moment? SUCCESS!

I got through the entire evening without a call. Take that universe! Ok maybe I shouldn't taunt it too much. It will pay me back, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment